Scout Motorsport Gravelrash Dirt Khanacross
11th March 2018
Ever wanted to test traction and car control on gravel? ever wanted the thrill of going sideways on dirt? Then this is the event for you
Scout Motorsport presents the clubs first 2018 Dirt Khanacross event for the year.
This event is open to all members of Scouting from 12 years old
Have at least a CAMS L2NS license then your good to go
Don't have a license, that's ok just let us know and we can help
Have a Dirt caged car? great, bring it out and have some fun
Don't have a cage, no problems, hit up our technical officer for info regarding options for using non-caged cars at this event
Want to hire a car for the event, great, visit the Hire a Scout Race Car page
Want to come for rides or just to watch? thats fine too, plenty to see and experience even from the passenger seat
All entrants and ride day participants will need to wear non-flammable clothing that covers from neck to writs to ankle. This could be in the form of overalls, jeans and long sleeved cotton shirt or similar.
Please bring lunch, water, hat, sunscreen, chair etc as facilities are limited
Entry is open to participants aged 12 and over that are current financial members of Scout Motorsport Club SA (SMCSA). Non-Scouting participants can attain temporary SMCSA membership at a charge of $20 per person for the event.
This event is operated under CAMS as a non speed event and as such all drivers must hold a valid CAMS license and present this at registration.
Minimum CAMS L2NS or L2NSJ license
Licenses available on the day for Scouting members that have never held a CAMS license in the past (Additional Costs apply)
If you have held a CAMS license in the past or would like to organise a license in advance please visit the CAMS Website
Youth participant requirements:
All youth need to have Scouting and CAMS forms signed by there parent or guardian (see below)
- Y4- Parent Advice form (All participants)
- Risk Disclamer (App Participants)
- CAMS license application (New license applications only)
- CAMS Passenger in Vehicle Waiver (All drivers and ride day participants
All cars entered at the event will need to pass scriteneering prior to participating in the event and it is a requirement that all entered cars need to be in good operational order and comply with the vehicle requirements outlined in the SMCSA Operational Regulations.
Minimum Car Requirements:
- All vehicles entered must have a CAMS complying fire extinguisher fitted
- Minimum CAMS compliant 4 point harness for all occupants
- Kill switch to isolate the battery, accessible from both within and out side the car
- Mud flaps fitted as per CAMS manual.
- Non reclinable race seat as per CAMS requirements
- Roll over protection system is recommended for all section D vehicles and if fitted must comply with Schedule J of the CAMS Manual.
For full car requirements please refer to the supplementary regulations below.
Any car related technical questions can be directed to the club technical officer Jordan Johnston via email to email@example.com
Documents and Forms:
All Participants will need to present at event admin on the day to register and complete appropriate forms.
- Y4- Parent Advice (Youth)
- A4-M- Standard Application-Motorsport (Adults)
- Risk Disclamer (All Participants)
- CAMS Passenger in Vehicle Waiver (All drivers and ride day participants)
- Supplementary regulations
- Operational regulations